The evening will cover the usual review of club achievements over the past year, what’s coming up & then move on to the election of new committee members.
Not to steal the thunder from the night but I think the club has progressed measurably forwards during the past 12 months. Some key achievements including:
- Signing of a complete new set of sponsors – resulting in the largest annual sponsorship $ in the club history
- Getting a new higher end club kit supplier and all club members receiving a free jersey
- Free OneLifeID for all members – in line with our focus on safe riding
- Significantly increasing the number of club trips and drinks events over the year
- Adding a new post-ride coffee venue – Dimbulah
- Provided access to a free Club Cycling Coach (Crankpunk) although few took it up
- Moved beyond just a Kranji/Changi to add some new rides during the week & on Saturdays. Trialed a new earlier 6.50 start for the Steady 28 group
- Enhanced our financial management – giving greater visibility into our financial state – and resolved a long standing impasse with ANZA on governance of club funds.
We’ve also got a couple of things that will be unveiled in coming weeks . Can’t say much but the words Bottles and Club Championship might give you a hint….
As you can see, there’s been a lot happening. If you’d like to get involved in making more happen then I encourage you to stand for a Committee Position. All positions can be applied for but we have 2 open vacancies now – Road Director and Tri-Director. If interested thn please approach any current committee member and they’ll let you know whats involved and how to apply.
The SEA Games road races take place this weekend. Get out there and support the local guys on what should be a great couple of days racing.
Just noticed that this weeks blog see us post our 300th update to RTI. Yay to us!
Keep it safe out there!